Welcome to the Men’s Trauma Centre
The Men’s Trauma Centre is here to help and support any man or masculine identifying person who has experienced emotional, sexual or physical trauma as a child or an adult. Experiencing a trauma is distressing and can impact every part of your life. Sometimes you may have lived with a trauma for years or perhaps this is something that happened to you recently.
Masculine identified persons do experience trauma, it’s more common than you may think and it can be devastating. There is help here for you and we are here to listen to you. When you survive a trauma you may experience:
- Difficulty dealing with your feelings (anger, stress, depression, anxiety)
- Trouble getting along with your partner/family/children
- Challenges at work
- Trouble sleeping; bad dreams/insomnia
- Disturbing memories or ‘flashbacks’ of the traumatic event
- Increased use or problems with alcohol and/or drugs
When you first contact the Men’s Trauma Centre you will be seen for what we call an ‘intake session’. This is a time for you to talk in confidence with someone who can support you and help you decide what you want to do next. Below are some of the services we offer to masculine identified persons.