Contract Therapist (multiple positions available)
APPLY: Please provide a cover letter and resume. Please send to Nick Sandor, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are Due at 5:00pm on Friday, June 24th, 2022. Late applications may not be accepted.
Our team of contract counsellors come from diverse backgrounds of clinical practice frameworks and
experience. We have the common goal of supporting male survivors through a trauma-informed
practice lens. Our contractors have flexibility with both client scheduling and caseloads and can offer
person-centred counselling work through in-person or virtual counselling services.
Working as a counsellor for the Men’s Therapy Centre comes with the following incentives:
• Centralized billing. You will not have to bill your own clients.
• Unlimited client sessions (some restrictions apply for subsidized counselling programs).
• Monthly clinical supervision with our in-house clinical supervisor.
• Centralized intakes through our victim services department.
• Monthly group case consultation with an external expert in the field.
• Access to a diversity of trauma-informed practices and practitioners that will enhance the quality of your client care.
• Opportunities to use our space for private practice clients.
• Professional development opportunities.
• A collaborative team and learning environment.
• Relational work culture that supports connection and deeper knowing among staff.
• Additional supports for your clients through MTC operations, victim services and outreach.
• Flexible work schedule. You can schedule your own client appointments around other commitments.
• Opportunities to work in specialized trauma programming such as group therapy, youth crime prevention, and work with the Canadian Armed Forces.
• High-quality organizational commitment to countering structurally oppressive forces, including
• but not limited to the ongoing impacts of colonization, racism poverty, and gender-based violence.
To see the full posting please download the PDF – Contract Therapist – Job Description