Contract Therapist (multiple positions available)
APPLY: Please provide a cover letter and resume. Please send to Nick Sandor, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team of contract counsellors come from diverse backgrounds of clinical practice frameworks and
experience. We have the common goal of supporting male survivors through a trauma-informed
practice lens. Our contractors have flexibility with both client scheduling and caseloads and can offer
person-centred counselling work through in-person or virtual counselling services.
Working as a counsellor for the Men’s Therapy Centre comes with the following incentives:
• Centralized billing. You will not have to bill your own clients.
• Unlimited client sessions (some restrictions apply for subsidized counselling programs).
• Monthly clinical supervision with our in-house clinical supervisor.
• Centralized intakes through our victim services department.
• Monthly group case consultation with an external expert in the field.
• Access to a diversity of trauma-informed practices and practitioners that will enhance the quality of your client care.
• Opportunities to use our space for private practice clients.
• Professional development opportunities.
• A collaborative team and learning environment.
• Relational work culture that supports connection and deeper knowing among staff.
• Additional supports for your clients through MTC operations, victim services and outreach.
• Flexible work schedule. You can schedule your own client appointments around other commitments.
• Opportunities to work in specialized trauma programming such as group therapy, youth crime prevention, and work with the Canadian Armed Forces.
• High-quality organizational commitment to countering structurally oppressive forces, including
• but not limited to the ongoing impacts of colonization, racism poverty, and gender-based violence.
To see the full posting please download the PDF – Contract Therapist – Job Description