Our Board of Directors 2020-2021
Men’s Therapy Centre is currently in search of Board Members!
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Board Member at the Men’s Therapy Centre. Our board is comprised of a dynamic group of dedicated community members who are passionate about men’s mental health, supporting survivors of trauma, and addressing gender-based violence. Our board operates on a governance level meaning the focus of our activities is political, legal, financial, and ethical oversight of MTC’s operations.
To apply please fill out the following application form (Volunteer Board Member Application)
and submit a resume to our Executive Director, Nick Sandor email@example.com.
Following a review of your application you will be invited to a short interview with our Executive Director and Board Chair. If your application is successful, we will invite you as a guest to 3 board meetings before formally nominating you to our board.
We invite people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to serve on our board. However, at the current time we are recruiting board members with the following skill set:
- Legal experience
- Accounting experience
- Policy development
Your responsibilities as a board member include:
Attendance at our monthly board meetings held the 3rd Thursday of each month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Attendance at our AGM (Annually each September/ October).
- Joining one or two board committees: Admin and Governance; Finance & Fundraising; Community Education and Engagement; Human Resources. Committee meetings are generally held monthly. Meeting times and dates vary for each committee.
- Paying an annual membership fee of $25 (sliding scale).
- Periodic strategic planning sessions.
- Periodic evaluations of the performance of the Executive Director.
- Cultivating community connections and relationships on behalf of the agency.
Meeting with the Executive Director periodically for consultation or to work on special projects. Participation in special projects is not a requirement. Special projects may include activities like attending community events and hiring committees.